Replacement number plates
If either of your car number plates is cracked, broken, faded or has marks obscuring the letters and numbers, then they're illegal and need to be replaced. Dee Bee is here to help - we can make you some shiny new or replacement registration plates for your car while you wait. We can also make you an extra set of car number plates if you're towing, or using a rear-mount cycle carrier.
What documents do I need to for Replacement Number Plates?
To get your number plates made you'll need to bring the correct documents with you to get your new plates. The law states that you must provide current proof of identity and entitlement to the registration mark quoted to get replacement number plates.
1. Proof of Identity:
- Driving license
- Bank/Building Society statement issued within the last six months
- Current utility, telephone, or Council Tax bill issued within the last six months
- National ID card issued by the Government of a state of territory other than the UK
- Debit or credit card issued by a bank or building society
- Police warrant card
- Armed forces identity card
Remember - whichever Proof of Identity document you bring needs to show your name and address!
2. Proof of Entitlement:
- A Vehicle Registration Certificate (V5C) (Please be aware only the new red V5C Certificates are accepted, and not the old blue V5 Certificates)
- The tear-off slip (V5C/2) from (V5C section 10)
- A Certificate of entitlement to a mark (V750)
- A Cherished Transfer Retention Certificate (V778)
- A Vehicle Licence Renewal (V11)
- A Temporary Registration Certificate (V379)
- An Authorisation Certificate (V948) from the DVLA Local Office with an official DVLA stamp, or a downloaded hard copy of the eV948 (Unfortunately we cannot accept forms shown to us on phones.)
- A letter of authorization from Fleet Operators (including a lease/hire company). The letter must quote the document reference number from the V5C
For us to get your registration plates made, you may sometimes need to provide a third document if the two documents brought into the store do not show your address. For example, if you bring a debit card and V948 into the store, neither document shows where you live - so you'd need to bring in another listed document for proof of address.
Please note: These are legal guidelines imposed by the DVLA, and sadly we can't provide you with new or replacement registration plates without the correct documents!